Trip Stats

Grand Total:
Miles Traveled 45,062
Cities Visited 33 (in 17 countries)

Monday, February 20, 2012

Mr. LSE, Kelly's Visit, Fashion Show and Netball

Happy Monday everyone!

I hope you enjoyed the Morocco post. Even though I've been back 2 weeks I still miss the breakfasts, colors and adventures we had there. 

But I'm back in reality and have some eclectic things to share with you. 
This is the start to week 7 of my 10 week Lent Term. I have no idea where time went, but luckily I've enjoyed my time so far. I've somewhat become a homebody and spend lots of time with friends in Passfield, so great! 

So 2 Wednesdays ago was the Mr. LSE competition, held in the student club- The Quad. 14 guys entered and competed through 6 rounds of tasks- introductions, chat up lines, jokes, talent, baby oil, and then a strength round. Ironically, the 2 finalists were freshers from my hall! I have some pictures. Enjoy!

The boys got pied in the face if they were eliminated. The judges were netball and basketball girls. 

This is James- he ended up winning. For his talent he smashed all the fruit with his forehead, added the fruit guts to a glass, added vodka and chugged it. Impressive- and crazy.

The second to last round- the guys stripped and the girls put baby oil on them. Hilarious!! 

Haha now that I've sufficiently horrified you with oiled Brits I'll move on to tell you about Kelly Vlaskamp's visit!

Kelly's my dear friend from Knox. We're in Kappa together. She's been studying this term in Barcelona, and was in Argentina last term. She's the greatest. We had an incredibly fun weekend. Here are some pictures I'll interject with stories.

Kelly arrived on Thursday night. Friday during the day I had lecture so Kelly took a bus tour around London and saw some sites. On Friday night we went to Koko! It's one of my favorite clubs in London. It's a 5 min walk away in Camden. It's an old theatre that's been converted. Since Kelly forgot her ID we were able to get in free VIP when we came back! So awesome. 


Our group! (Minus Ryan). Kelly, Allie and Katie. 

London to Barcelona!


Our VIP bar haha.

Fun night!


On Saturday Kelly and I rallied to wake up in time for changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace. We made it just in time! After the ceremony we ate our breakfast on the steps of the Queen Elizabeth memorial and people watched. Then we saw an Olympic themed bachelor party! A group of guys were wearing USA Olympic outfits and running around carrying the torch. I didn't get a picture but they were hilarious.






After our lunch we went to the Victoria and Albert museum. I couldn't believe it was my first time there! Very interesting collection. We stayed for a bit, but then had afternoon tea! I am in love with scones. 



On our way home from the V&A museum we passed the Palace Theatre, where Singin' in the Rain had just opened. That's Kelly's favorite childhood movie so we decided to buy tickets on a whim. So our night was amazing! Dinner at Chipotle, a musical in the West End, rickshaw ride to Trafalgar Square and then drinks on the Strand!

We were both craving this soooo much!! 

At the Palace Theatre. The show was amazing!
After the show we took a rickshaw ride through Soho and Covent Garden  to Trafalgar Square. 

Olympic countdown!

At drinks- my ticket!

I introduced Kelly to cider black currant. It's my favorite drink!

On Sunday morning we woke up and ventured to find Platform 9 3/4. When we got there, there were adorable kids running into the wall, trying to go to Hogwarts, and saying " This is where Daniel Radcliffe touched" It was precious. 



After that we attempted to see St. Pauls Cathedral, Millennium Bridge and then Shakespeare's Globe. Well on the way we went to check the train timetable for Kelly's train to Gatwick airport. Randomly they closed all the central London National Rail stations, making it impossible for her to get there. We did some research and found out the trains were being rerouted through Elephant and Castle. So we had less time, but were still able to see the Globe and Tate Modern. After the goosechase we made it to the train station!



And then Kelly left me and I've been sad ever since :(
But it was a great weekend. I realized I don't do enough touristy things here so it's fun to have visitors so you can show them around. 

Last Monday was the LSE Fashion society fashion show. My friend Kelsey was the backstage manager for it and worked so hard to get it together. It was a fun evening with great collections and choreography. I couldn't get the best shots, but here are a few. 

The Ticket.







Our friend Andrew was a model! 

Kelsey's on the left. Bravo on a show well done!
I have put an album up with all of these pictures. Here's the link to it. Feel free to check it out! 

Speaking of Kelsey, we have an amazing tradition for each Tuesday that I want to share with you! Kelsey introduced me to Fleet River Bakery, an amazing cafe just off campus that has amazing quiche, salad, toasties, scones, frittata and more. We go there each Tuesday and have amazing food. Here are some pictures from our lunch 2 weeks ago.


I am hungry just looking at this!

Last week was the Raising and Giving week with the LSE student union. To raise money the hockey girls challenged the netball girls to a game. People took bets on the sidelines of who would win. Netball dominated but it was still a fun game! Here's a picture of the team. Check out our skirts!! 




So I hope this gives you a good idea of what I've been up to since being home. I'm here for 2 more weekends before leaving for Krakow. And last Friday we booked our Spring Break trip! On March 16th I leave for Ibiza, and then Barcelona, Granada and Valencia, Spain. And then Hope comes and we will go to Paris! I can't wait. 

Speaking of Ibiza, here is my song obsession of the week. The key lyric is at 1:38. "Brazil, Morocco- London to Ibiza!" Haha I've done all of that besides Brazil. Yeah we can't wait.

Hope you're all doing well!
Talk to you soon.

Hannah 




No comments:

Post a Comment