Trip Stats

Grand Total:
Miles Traveled 45,062
Cities Visited 33 (in 17 countries)

Sunday, January 8, 2012

And we're back again- London round 2!

Happy New Year and Merry Belated Christmas!

I took the break off from posting- but as of today I am back in London and totally ready to update you all. It was an amazing 3 week whirlwind break in Chicago- filled with friends, family, laughter, good conversation, wellness and travel.

Some highlights: exercised every day but Christmas eve and Day, visited Knox for NYE, caught up with pretty much all friends and family in the area, and ate so many Chicago foods!

I have some pictures I want to share from Chicago- as well with more Portugal ones! I realized I explained the amazingness of that trip. So we will begin with that.

Where we had lunch upon arrival. Check out the pool under the bar!

One of the many delicious pitchers of fresh sangria. 

Aimee and I exploring Albufeira on the first night. 

The next morning, walking along the beach into town.

Beautiful sky.

And water.


Ceramic murals.

Kappa love.

Albufiera, Portugal. Quite sleepy on a Sunday in December.

The famous golden cliffs.

Just beautiful.

These caves were right outside our hotel!


Probably my favorite picture of the trip. 


Our hotel! View from the back of the room. We got an incredible deal. So pretty!

Taking a walk. The whitewashed buildings are famous in the region. 

Sunset view from our balcony. Ocean side baby.

Aimee had a python around her neck! Gotta love reptile shows.
Haha these are the stages of emotion I experienced with the iguana. Let's just say I'm not its biggest fan. 
It was warm enough to walk in. 



Portugal 2011- Fabulous.

Ah yes, a great trip indeed. It was a trip for relaxation and decompression. We slept in, swam, cooked our own meals, explored the beach and caves, drank delicious cheap drinks, clubbed, tanned and had much needed catch up sessions. It was perfect.

Here's the route. London (E) to Faro (D) to Albufiera (C) and back. 3,122 miles.

And here are some highlights from Chicago!

I got have dinner with Karla and Farzeen! (Kemper besties- including Karla my roomie)

Christmas champagne- delicious

Mom and I on Christmas Eve. 

Lincoln Square Bar Crawl with Dyon and Victor. Margs at Garcias!

NCP Reunion, dinner with Jenny and Brittney


New Year's Eve in Galesburg! On the train coming down with Jack and Aimee.

At Cody's! Thanks for hosting me!

KCWBB game- a Knox family indeed.


Becky! We went to NCP together, and now she plays for Knox! So exciting.

My exercise partner extraordinaire and great friend Alyssa. Drinks at Grafton's pub.

The trio reunited! Don't know how to get this closer to the top. 


Our new backyard! No more grass..  
I love it. 

Family dinner- oh how I missed this. 

The only snow I have witnessed this winter. Gorgeous in the new yard!

Hope and I downtown.

Super tourist hahaa

The fam.
With my cousins and uncle!

The Lions at the Art Institute.

Haha couldn't escape America without a gluttonous burger. At John Barleycorn.

My Kappa Kare package came in! So amazing to read letters from everyone.

Aimee and Steph at the Christkindlmarket. 

Three besties living together next year!

Haha and that just about brings me up to the present. I arrived in London earlier today. I got to my dorm and was exhausted. I had a snack, drank water and slept for 3 hours. I woke up around 1 and started unpacking. I couldn't get all of my things out of my storage unit (drama with the contract) but I got my mattress pad so I'll have a good night's sleep tonight.

I ventured to a new store called Planet Organic and did my grocery shopping. It was such a great store! I found the gym I'm joining tomorrow and picked what classes I'm going to stay with. Haha tons of spin, Zumba, weight training and yoga. My dorm threw away my hangers so I am searching London for new ones. Then I had dinner in Passfield and caught up with friends. I'm here now- and leaving soon for the Rocket for a quick drink. My classes for this week are cancelled so I have nothing till Thursday morning- score! Well, I have one lecture tomorow at 4, but that's no big deal.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and are refreshed as 2012 really gets underway tomorrow.
Thinking of you all!

Oh! And how could I forget? I need to update you all on my upcoming travel plans.
Caroline is coming and we are going to Dublin Jan 21.
I am heading to Marrakech, Morocco on Feb 1, Krakow, Poland on Mar 3 and Paris with Hope on April 3. So excited!

This is the song I kept singing over and over in my head as we landed. American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West. But really just this lyric, "Just touched down in London town"




Enjoy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment