It's Friday afternoon and I'm somehow confused on where this week went. It's been a good week, so I'll catch you all up!
Before I do that, I realized I never included the link from the entire Dover trip photo album. Here it is!
Also, the map images weren't uploading properly, so here is the route we took to Dover.
![]() |
| London to Dover, 80 miles. |
![]() |
| Town Center (A), Dover Castle (B), White Cliffs of Dover (C), and Eight Bells (D). 10 miles approximately. |
![]() |
| First year throw back! Franzi and I. |
Wednesday is my mini weekend in the middle of the week. I have no classes and relaxed a good amount. That night was Netball team dinner at Pizza Express. Then we went to AU night at 3 Tuns, then Sway, then Zoo Bar [pub/clubs]. I made the mistake of wearing heels for the night, and know I will not do that again. My feet hurt so much I walked barefoot a good chunk of the journey home. Needless to say I scrubbed them well before going to bed. I spent a lot of time with my friend Allie and we made plans for shopping on Oxford Street tomorrow!
![]() |
| Our team, before yummy pizza! |
Thursday brought my day of academic decisions. I'm realizing my Economics for Management class is beyond my scope, so I audited a 100 level social psychology lecture. To my delight, I really enjoyed it! I went to the class today, and confirmed my decision to switch. We were talking about the effects and merits of advertising, so we watched YouTube videos of commercials and other campaigns. So much more enjoyable than these problems:
![]() |
| Yeah this is 1-3 out of the 7 question problem set. It's the first one, and all get more complex than this. |
Before going out last night I got to skype with Stephanie! I felt terrible because I messed the time up for one hour, and she had found Justin to come on and surprise skype! I still skyped with Steph, but will need to find another time to talk to Justin. Later there was a party at a general course student's apartment. Giovanni is running for GC president and hosted a party to announce his campaign. It was great because he lives in a flat with his sister who is studying architecture in London. They have an absolutely stunning design and style. It was so nice being in someone's home, and not the Passfield dorm or really loud, expensive pubs and clubs. I met some new people and made plans to go back over next week for a dinner party! They have a fully stocked kitchen and I am going to bake and/or cook some yummy things. All was well until leaving, when I missed the last step before the landing in the pitch black hallway and sprained my ankle pretty badly. I thought it was broken at first, but it's just a sprain. Rowley was there and took good care of me.
Today my ankle is so swollen it won't fit in normal shoes, so I loosened the laces on my gym shoes and am wearing them with my ace bandage. Hobbling around campus is quite the experience. I am going to buy those on command ice packs and rest for the night. If it's still bad on Monday I'll get it checked out at the emergency clinic on campus. My plan for the rest of the night is to rent a chick lit book in the library, go home, eat dinner, ice my ankle, and read in bed all night, and possibly watch a British show everyone here keeps recommending. Hopefully it's good!
We'll see how the weekend progresses. Number 1 priority will be to heal my ankle. I want to go shopping tomorrow, but may shoot for Sunday. And I have to do serious homework! I am pretty behind in readings and want to catch up. The Chicago Bears are playing Tampa Bay in London on Sunday. I really wish I knew someone that would give me tickets. If I can't go, which is most likely the case, I'll watch the game in an American style sports bar.
And there you have it! My life. Haha hope all is well. Shout out to Eta Kappa, my mom is there as I type giving a senior programming on money management. So proud of her! Apparently my deck at home is no longer there, and construction on the back is progressing! Dad got a laptop and Hope is playing in 2 Chicago parades with band soon! Things are good.
Love from across the Atlantic!
Theme song of my week.





No comments:
Post a Comment